Wednesday, August 25, 2010

As if you aren't sick enough of hearing about our wedding bands...


I found my second band! On eBay!

See, after my original post about my bands, I learned about palladium. Palladium is in the same family of metals as platinum, in that it's hypo-allergenic, but it's about the same price as white gold. Boy how I wish I had known this earlier.

Armed with a new goal, I went searching for my spare band. If you remember correctly, I was interested in bands like these, from www.applesofgold.com:



(This one wasn't actually on my original post as it's too expensive, but just look at it! Gorgeous!)

Except these all only come in gold or platinum.

Finding a palladium ring online carved with a floral or paisley design and under my budget of $400 seemed hopeless. I searched everywhere I could think of-- even Etsy. It appears very few jewelers work with palladium yet, and therefore the options for a more intricate design were limited.

But then-- then!-- I got the brilliant idea to check eBay. And there she was, in all her glory, just a few rings down in the search results.






The ring was $380, but the seller had a "Make an Offer" button. I figured it couldn't hurt so I did-- and he accepted my offer!

Now, to be completely honest, I usually stay away from eBay. I've heard too many horror stories about things not being what they appear, or as advertised. But this was a completely wonderful experience, and I couldn't be happier with the results. Once my offer was accepted (the same day), I received an email from the seller stating that it would take about two weeks to make my ring and then another week to ship it to me.

It was in my hands twelve days later. Check it out!


It came in this cute little box. I untied the ribbon and. . .



Found another box! My little ring was nestled within (sorry no picture of that step, I was too excited!)



And here it is! (On my index finger as the fit is a little tight since it's so hot right now, and I'm paranoid of getting it stuck).



Aaaaaand once more, all together with feeling! I'm so glad our little collection is complete and I'm all set for rings for the next century or so. I think.

Kidding.

Mostly.

Was it a trial to find your wedding ring?

*All unsourced photos belong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment