Monday, August 16, 2010

Sort Of According To Plan

Saturday was a very busy wedding day. We mailed our invites as soon as the post office opened in the morning, and after some other obligations, I met up with my mom in the afternoon for my hair and makeup trial. Julie, my stylist, was recommended to me by BM K. She was an absolute sweetie and very thorough. She really tried to understand what I wanted from my hair, and did her best based on my inspiration pics:




However, I think I've come to the conclusion that my hair is never going to do what I want it to.

Here's my before shot, taken by S. outside just before I left for my appointment (you can see our brand new windows there behind me, our wedding gift from Mom and Dad R.!):


My hair is getting so long! It's almost down to my waist in the back. I have to admit, while I've always had long hair, this is the longest it's been in quite some time and I am so anxious for my post-wedding chop. Anxious enough, in fact, that after my results from Saturday, I might be doing a pre-wedding chop-- at least a tiny one.

Here's the back of my hair afterward. It's not as full and lively as I'd like, but I'm thinking it's the best I'll be able to get with my thin, fine hair. This is part of the reason why I want to cut some length off before the wedding-- it's too long, and the curls start about a third of the way down, instead of going all the way to the crown of my head like all my inspiration pics.



And from the side:



And last but not least, my makeup trial and hair from the front:


I love the makeup. Julie has a similar complexion to me, and she suggested not doing heavy foundation or cover-up, which I ended up really appreciating. It wasn't until she said something that I realized that's exactly why I'm orange in every other picture where I've had my makeup professionally done! (Can you tell I'm more of a put-some-eyeshadow-on-for-fancy-occasions-and-call-it-a-day kind of girl?)

I felt like it needed something else, though (hair flower aside, which I forgot to bring with me anyway). And I have to admit that I've been eying some pretty fancy headpieces (like those by the lovely Mrs. Star!) for a while. I'm also not very patient, so I headed on over to Claire's and got some sparkly headbands to wear while I had my hair styled.


These totally added the feeling I was missing. I hope that between the headbands and the haircut, I can hopefully have more fun and fullness the day of!

After we got my headbands, we headed over to Frederick's of Hollywood to look at corsets, but that's a post for another day.

What do you think? Any suggestions for thin, fine hair in a curly, half-up hairdo?

(All photos not sourced are personal photos).

No comments:

Post a Comment