Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A wedding is like having a baby.

Well, I have to confess first that I have yet to have a real baby, so I could be way off-base here. I guess what I mean is that a wedding is like what everyone else says having a baby is like.

Do I sound crazy yet? I should. That's one of the symptoms, right?

Don't get me wrong, I am far from complaining. So far, planning and crafting this baby has been an absolute blast! But I am starting to see some parallels to what people with children have said being pregnant or watching their significant other be pregnant was like. Since getting engaged, I have become:

-Moody
-Obnoxious (obsessed with Baby, i.e, the wedding)
-Overly Sensitive to perceived insults and slights (non-existent, of course)
-Unable to control my appetite or diet
-Unable to stop surfing the internet looking for help in "raising" Baby
-Generally insane

What makes me the most upset, though, is that it's only been a month and a half! So far, I've been mad at a few people that I genuinely love and appreciate for some very stupid reasons, blown up at work (luckily to myself), stomped all over perfectly decent conversations about other things to bring up Baby, sobbed at ridiculously random parts of movies and t.v. shows, and gorged myself on Tagalongs ice cream. (The Girl Scouts--despite being an amazing organization-- and their evil accomplices at Dreyer must have it out for my hips and thighs).

But, on the other end of the spectrum, I've come to fall in love even deeper with my future husband, learned to appreciate the good that I do have in my life, learned to handle the stronger emotions more maturely, and developed a very dear fondness for the day we'll get married and the things it will bring.

I'm ready to birth this baby! Is it October yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment