Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jewelry Dilemma

When my mom and I were out buying up teacups, we happened across an absolutely stunning neck piece.

When I saw it, my heart started racing-- I'd had dreams about beautiful, big neck pieces like the Ancient Egyptians wore. This piece was gorgeous, but it was also huge.

I didn't care, and I didn't *really* think it through. Instead, I put it on and marveled at how sparkly it was, and my mom agreed to buy it for me. I got it home, and took some pictures, and tried it on again, and. . . I began to have doubts.





It's stunning, but my dress is simple. My veil is simple. My venue is a garden. This necklace doesn't exactly scream "afternoon tea" to me-- much though I wish it did. Which is a shame, because I still love it.

Once my dress arrived and I tried it all on together with my mom there, we both agreed. With the other things I had going on, it was too much. Sigh. So, I'm going to go plain in the neck area and have a colored ribbon sash around my waist instead.

But, there is hope after all-- I'm thinking this will be just the right piece to add some funk to my rehearsal dinner dress!

What are you doing for wedding jewelry? Have you had any dilemmas with pieces you loved but that just didn't "go"?

No comments:

Post a Comment