Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Some Background, Part II

Read Part I here.

So, on V-Day I went and had my Anti-Valentine's Day party with a (former) good girlfriend. Except-- she invited a guy. My longtime friend and her then-current love interest. They started dating that night.

At any rate, it was okay, because S. and I were not far behind. Shortly after V-Day, we hung out again, went on a real date, watched movies at his place and found excuses to be close to each other. That evolved into kissing, and then we were just kind of together. One Saturday night, we were hanging out at his place, talking and trying to avoid saying goodbye to each other, and we had the conversation about Us. We weren't "official" yet, but certainly acted like it. I was relieved when the conversation happened.

In order to get the reference, first you must read XKCD. This web-comic is one that S. turned me onto in our very first days of dating, and we both still read it every time it updates. This comic was one he'd pointed out to me before, and on this night, it was only appropriate that it come into our lives as a couple, and make itself known. Thus was born the tone for our whole relationship-- loving, with a twist of sarcasm and irony, and a general good sense of humor about it all.

Yep, he asked if we were a couple now, and I responded, "Will you be my 'In a Relationship' on MySpace?" (At the time, lamer that I was, I did not have a Facebook).

Of course he said yes. And the rest is history. Well, ourstory.

Stay tuned for the story of the The Ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment