Monday, March 15, 2010

It's here! It's here! It's here!

S.!!!! This is about the dress. Go AWAY!

(i love you!)

All right. Have at it. Call me old-fashioned. Call me superstitious. Call me silly.

You'd be right. (I liked Victorian stuff before it was cool to like Victorian stuff, okay?)

I'm . . . paranoid about posting pictures of myself in my dress before the wedding. I'm even paranoid about posting pictures of it, period.

I'm afraid this is one thing you'll have to wait until 10-11-2010 or later to see in regards to my wedding day. It's kind of my prerogative, though, ya know? It's the Big Surprise, and I want it to stay that way.

Mostly because S. doesn't care whether he sees it or not-- but I do. I don't think he'd stop himself from looking if I went and made it easy on him to find out. Which is why there's a warning on this post even though there's no pictures.

Funny story, that. See, the reason I'm writing this post is that I got an email from David's Bridal last week that my dress had arrived. Not a phone call, mind you. An email.

And in the email, it gave a very short, three-word description of the dress and the style number. Luckily, no picture. It's almost enough though. The email address DB has on file is S. and I's shared wedding email address, one that gets forwarded to his regular email.

That's right, DB sent an *email* to my *groom* about my *dress*. Not once during the sign-up process or dress-buying experience did anyone tell me they would do this. I gave this email address to DB specifically so they wouldn't spam my regular email, and they've performed admirably at spamming this one. I did not expect they'd send an email about *my* dress instead of calling me!

Huff. I'm a wee bit upset about that, even though it's technically my fault. I guess I just never thought they'd do something like that instead of, ya know, calling the bride. But whatevs. Moving on.

I made an appointment on Saturday at noon to try her on again with my mom. I stepped into the dressing room an ordinary girl, and stepped out a bride. *Sniff*! I knew instantly I had really made the right choice getting this dress. (I'm doing this backwards-- the story of how I found the dress is coming).

I couldn't stop watching myself in the dress. I tried on all my accessories and possible accessories with the dress, to help make some decisions (decisions were made, let me tell you!) and made sure to wear my boots and bring my veil. With the puffiest crinoline they sell and the height of my boots, the dress is the perfect length. I won't need to get it hemmed at all, unless I shrink an inch between now and the wedding. Let's cross our fingers that doesn't happen.

I didn't want to take it off. But I did, and watched it get folded safely into its garment bag, and then laid it carefully in the car and hung it up in a closet at my mom's house. Now it waits for October 10th-- for me, for our day. Well, and a steaming and probably an alterations appointment before that. But mostly October 10th.

There's only one small problem-- my veil is the wrong color! My dress is "soft white" and the veil is stark white, and it's apparently quite noticeable. Le sigh . . . now I have to figure out how and what color to dye my veil. More on that later, I suppose!

Have you been able to take your dress home yet? How did you feel when you got to try it on again?


No comments:

Post a Comment