Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And now for a dress you can see

My rehearsal dinner dress!

I found this sassy little number at Sears, in the Juniors Prom dress department. Which was kind of depressing at first. I automatically assumed they wouldn't have any that fit me. And then was surprised when they did.

I didn't buy it right away, just decided to keep an eye on it. We went by one night a couple weeks later on a whim to look at suits for S. and there was a red sign above the rack where they were.

On sale! On sale! It was on sale!

I ran over and grabbed the biggest size they had (a 9), deciding to try it on, because, well, even though there was no chance in heck it would fit-- I have hips, and a large chest, and it often seems like *nothing* fits-- if by an off-chance it did, I was getting it now.

Well, it fit. Mostly. It, um, is rather small up top, as I feared, but-- I can work with it. Unfortunately I only have hanger pics for right now as the pics with it on me are a tad obscene, but once it's altered I will happily post away.

Check this cutie out!





It's kind of hard to tell, but the overlay material has little sparkly polka dots all over. It's darling, and very garden-y, which I adore.

So I wasn't planning to buy it when I did, but I'm so glad I did!

Where did you find your rehearsal dinner dress? Did you go hunting on purpose, or just come across it?

No comments:

Post a Comment